Phone: Number: +55 (051) 3303-9000
Office Phone Number: +55 (051) 3303-8858
Nursing Departament - Universidade Federal de Ciências da Saúde de Porto Alegre (UFCSPA), Rua Sarmento Leite, 245 - Porto Alegre - RS - BRAZIL - CEP 90050-170
Rita Catalina Aquino Caregnato is associate professor tenure of the Nursing Department at Universidade Federal de Ciências da Saúde de Porto Alegre (2012). She holds an academic degree in Nursing from the Universidade do Vale do Rio dos Sinos (1981), master's at Nursing from the Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul (2002) and doctoral at Education from Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul (2008). She has had a long career as nurse and educator in the field of perioperative nursing, infection control, intensive care and worked many years in Surgical Centers. She brings more 35 years of surgical and clinical nursing experience and professional leadership in acute and critical care nursing.
With research interest in perioperative nursing, infection control, intensive care and education.
Most Relevant Publications
- Surgical patients’ understanding of the free and informed consent form
- Quality of life before and after bariatric surgery
- Craniocerebral trauma in motorcyclists: relation of helmet use and trauma severity
- The immediate post-operative period following lung transplantation: mapping of nursing interventions
- Pandemic Influenza A (H1N1): changing population health habits in Cachoeira do Sul, Rio Grande do Sul State, Brazil, 2010
- Organ and tissue donation for transplant: family refusal
- Ethical and moral issues in educating nurses and physicians: effects of meanings in faculty discourses
- Oral history of women with children with Down Syndrome
- Qualitative research: discourse analysis versus content analysis
- The stress of the multiprofessional team in the Operating Room