+55 51 33038876
Department of Physical Therapy - Universidade Federal de Ciências da Saúde de Porto Alegre (UFCSPA) - Rua Sarmento Leite, 245 - Porto Alegre - RS - Brazil - CEP 90050-170
Marcelo Faria Silva is a full professor tenure of the Department of Physical Therapy at the Universidade Federal de Ciências da Saúde de Porto Alegre (since 2011). He holds academic degrees in Physical Education from the Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul (1996) and in Physical Therapy from the Instituto Porto Alegre (1996), with Master’s and Doctor’s degrees in Human Movement Sciences from the Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul (2003 and 2009 respectively). He is a permanent professor in the Post-Graduate Programs in Rehabilitation Sciences and in Health Sciences at the Universidade Federal de Ciências da Saúde de Porto Alegre. He holds the chief position in the Grupo de Estudos em Fisioterapia Traumato-Ortopédica (GEFiTO) and is a former president of the Associação Brasileira de Fisioterapia Traumato-Ortopédica (2014 to 2017).
Conservative interventions for low back and neck pain, motor control, lateral epicondylalgia, knee and hip osteoarthritis, cruciate ligament rupture.
Most Relevant Publications
- Neurodynamic treatment did not improve pain and disability at two weeks in patients with chronic nerve-related leg pain: a randomised trial
- The Effect of Exercise Therapy on Knee Adduction Moment in Individuals with Knee Osteoarthritis: A Systematic Review
- Measurement properties of the craniocervical flexion test: a systematic review protocol
- Global Postural Reeducation for patients with musculoskeletal conditions: a systematic review of randomized controlled trials
- Autonomic function and pressure pain threshold following thoracic mobilization in asymptomatic subjects: A randomized controlled trial