Office Phone Number: +55 (051) 3214-8640
Clinical Research in Nephrology - Universidade Federal de Ciências da Saúde de Porto Alegre (UFCSPA)/ ISCMPA. Av Independência 155 andar 6 - Porto Alegre - RS - BRAZIL
Elizete Keitel is an associate professor at the Clinical Medicine Department - Nephrology and member of the Pathology Graduate Program at the Universidade Federal de Ciências da Saúde de Porto Alegre (2006). She is also a group research leader at CNPq (Renal Diseases). She holds an academic degree in Medicine from the Universidade Federal de Santa Maria (1987), Master’s degree in Nephrology (1994) and PhD in Medicine: Clinical Medicine (2000) from the Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul with a Sandwich Program at the Oxford University. Currently she is Coordinator of the Ethical Research Committee at the Irmandade da Santa Casa de Misericórdia de Porto Alegre, Member of the Technical Chamber of Transplants at the Health Secretariat of Rio Grande do Sul, Member of the Core Structural Board of the Medicine Course and Member of Institutional Evaluation Commission at UFCSPA.
With a research interest in renal diseases and renal transplantation, focused in immunosuppression therapy, immunology, pathology, cancer, infections and cardiovascular complications after transplantation. Her projects involve applied clinical research.
Most Relevant Publications
- Bright Field Microscopy to Detect Decoy Cells Due to BK Virus Infection in the Fresh and Unstained Urine Sediment in Kidney Allograft Recipients
- Renal transplantation in human immunodeficiency virus-infected recipients: a case-control study from the Brazilian experience
- A safety evaluation of belatacept for the treatment of kidney transplant
- Epidemiology of tuberculosis after kidney transplantation in a developing country
- Acute kidney injury after liver transplantation: incidence and mortality
- Histopathological analysis of pre-implantation donor kidney biopsies: association with graft survival and function in one year post-transplantation
- Clinical evaluation of a dried blood spot method for determination of mycophenolic acid in renal transplant patients
- Kidney transplantation in children weighing less than 15 kg: extraperitoneal surgical access-experience with 62 cases
- Diffuse parenchymal form of malakoplakia in renal transplant recipient: a case report
- Early HHV-6 replication is associated with morbidity non-related to CMV infection after kidney transplantation
- Use of tacrolimus and the development of posttransplant diabetes mellitus: a Brazilian single-center, observational study