Phone: Department Number: +55 (051) 3214.8181 / +55 (051) 3303-8712
Medical Graduation Department - Universidade Federal de Ciências da Saúde de Porto Alegre (UFCSPA), Rua Sarmento Leite, 245 - Porto Alegre - RS - BRAZIL - CEP 90050-170
Cristiane Kopacek is an assistant professor tenure of Pediatrics at Universidade Federal de Ciências da Saúde de Porto Alegre (2017). She holds an academic degree in Medicine from the Universidade Federal de Ciências da Saúde de Porto Alegre (2001), a Master’s of Science Degree in Endocrinology from the Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul (2006) and a Doctoral Degree at same University in 2016. She has been a member of the European Society of Pediatric Endocrinology since 2008, member of Pediatric Endocrinology Scientific Committee from Brazilian Pediatric Society from 2010-2015 and a founder member of the Pediatric Endocrinology Department of the local Pediatric Society. Her main activity since 2010 is newborn screening, specially in endocrinopathies.
With a research interest in newborn screening, her projects involve applied clinical research and molecular biology for congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH) and other endocrinopathies. She also has experience in rare causes of CAH and adrenal disturbances. Other research interests involves precocious puberty and disorders of sex development.
Most Relevant Publications
- Short stature, unusual face, delta phalanx, and abnormal vertebrae and ribs in a girl born to half-siblings
- Neonatal screening for congenital adrenal hyperplasia in Southern Brazil: a population based study with 108,409 infants
- Central precocious puberty: revisiting the diagnosis and therapeutic management
- Bone mineral density in girls with classical congenital adrenal hyperplasia due to CYP21 deficiency
- Portal vein thrombosis and high factor VIII in Turner syndrome