Office Phone Number: +55 (051) 3303-8835
Public Health Department - Universidade Federal de Ciências da Saúde de Porto Alegre (UFCSPA), Rua Sarmento Leite, 245 - Porto Alegre - RS - BRAZIL
Airton Tetelbom Stein is a CNPq Productivity Award. He holds a medical degree from PUC-RS (1981), residency in family and community medicine from the State Secretariat of Rio Grande do Sul, MsC in Medical Sciences from the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (1989), Master's degree in Community Health For Developing Countries - London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (1990) and PhD in Medical Sciences from the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (1998). He is currently Pro-Rector of Research and Post-graduation at Ufcspa, Professor of Public Health at the Federal University of Health Sciences of Porto Alegre. Member of Advisory board of Rio Grande do Sul Medical Ethical Council (CREMERS). He completed a postdoctoral studies in the Cochrane Group at the University of Oxford and at the University of Oslo, from February to July 2016, with a scholarship from CNPq.
He has experience in the area of Collective Health, with emphasis on Epidemiology, and research area include the following topics: epidemiology of chronic diseases, primary health care, health service evaluation, evidence based medicine, implementation of clinical guidelines and health technology assessment.
Most Relevant Publications
- World allergy organization (WAO) diagnosis and rationale for action against cow's milk allergy (DRACMA) guidelines
- Laparoscopy versus laparotomy for benign ovarian tumours
- Performance of the Self-Reporting Questionnaire as a psychiatric screening questionnaire: A comparativestudy with Structured Clinical Interview for DSM-IV-TR | [Avaliação de desempenho do Self-Reporting Questionnaire como instrumento de rastreamento psiquiátrico: Um estudo comparativo com o Structured Clinical Interview for DSM-IV-TR]
- Prevalence and risk factors of Hepatitis C virus infection in Brazil, 2005 through 2009: A cross-sectional study
- Drug use prevalence at FEBEM, Porto Alegre | [Prevalência do consumo de drogas na FEBEM, Porto Alegre]
- Accuracy of frozen-section analysis in the diagnosis of ovarian tumors: A systematic quantitative review
- Quality and effectiveness of different approaches to primary care delivery in Brazil
- Laparoscopy versus laparotomy for benign ovarian tumor: A systematic review and meta-analysis
- Internal consistency and reliability of Primary Care Assessment Tool (PCATool-Brasil) for child health services | [Consistência interna e confiabilidade da versão em português do Instrumento de Avaliação da Atenção Primária (PCATool-Brasil) para serviços de saúde infantil]
- Application of GRADE: Making evidence-based recommendations about diagnostic tests in clinical practice guidelines