Office Phone Number: +55 (051) 3395-3602
Av Cristovão Colombo 2948/308 – 90560-002 – Porto Alegre-RS-Brazil
Manuel A. P. Vilela is a full professor of Ophthalmology at the Universidade Federal de Ciências da Saúde de Porto Alegre (2015). He holds an academic degree in Medicine from the Universidade Federal de Ciências da Saúde de Porto Alegre (1985), an MSc. and a Ph.D. in Ophthalmology from the Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro (1995/1998), with a Pos-Doctor felowship in Epidemiology from the Universidade Federal de Pelotas-RS (2013). He is currently a diretor of the Graduate Program in Ophthalmology, at the Instituto Ivo Corrêa-Meyer, Porto Alegre, RS (1995).
With a research interest in ophthalmology, particularly in systemic diseases and eye, his projects involve applied clinical research. He also has experience in ocular oncology and uveitis.
Most Relevant Publications
- Amplitude of Accommodation in Schoolchildren
- Prevalence of asthenopia in children: a systematic review with meta-analysis
- Moderate hyperopia prevalence and associated factors among elementary school students
- Asthenopia in schoolchildren
- Prevalence of ophthalmological abnormalities in children and adolescents with CHD: Systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studies
- Hyperopia: a meta-analysis of prevalence and a review of associated factors among school-aged children
- Hepatitis C virus induces abnormalities in surface and intraocular pressure: a comparative study
- Carotid-cavernous fistula